Let’s be honest, nutrition is one of the most difficult changes our [[companyame1]] members experience, but it’s also the most rewarding. Nutrition in general has become more confusing and more ridiculous as new diets and fads are regularly emerging.
Diets aren’t sustainable. Why? Because most diets focus on limiting something, like calories, carbs, or fat. Not only is this unhealthy, but also impractical. Our bodies are machines that need to be fueled the correct way to perform properly. Limiting essential nutrients is detrimental to both your physical and mental health. In addition, research found that only 1% of people who diet solo actually lose their excess weight, and more often, gain it all back and sometimes more.
Good nutrition is an important piece of our program. Since beginning our 10-week challenge in 2001, Farrell's has had the same method when it comes to nutrition—keeping it easy! It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle change in food consumption.
How we eat, what we eat, and the “ingredients” put into our food have substantially changed over the years. We teach our members about making healthy choices and give them the tools and resources to be successful.
So, what makes Farrell's nutrition program different?
- Food is fuel. This is the most important part of our nutrition program. Many people use food as an escape, a friend, or an indulgence. While it’s nice to indulge every once in a while, it’s become the norm in our society creating an epidemic of obesity. Our members learn that food is fuel for our bodies and should be treated in that way. Nothing more.
- We don’t count calories! Whew! Finally, a nutrition program that doesn’t count calories! We don’t pay attention to calories because numerous foods have empty calories. Also, a food may be higher in calories, but have a greater fiber content and carb/protein ratio, which is more significant than the calories.
- The right formula. We follow a specific formula to set your carb/protein ratio for each meal based on your body composition. This specifies how many carbs and how much protein you should be eating to fuel your body until your next meal or snack, enabling your body to stay in “burn mode” as opposed to “store mode.” We also teach about good and bad fat. We need to consume good fat as it provides needed nutrients and vitamins we can’t get anywhere else.
- Eat less, but more often! Over the course of three hours after we eat, food is released into our blood stream—known as blood sugar or your glycemic index. If too much fuel is eaten, our bodies go into “store mode” turning leftover sugars into fat. Too little and we start to starve our muscles. Our members eat smaller, proportioned meals every three hours to replenish the tank, so to speak, to keep their body in “burn mode.”
- Fun Day. This is what makes our nutrition program sensible. Farrell's Fun Day is one day during the week (usually Sunday) where our members are encouraged to celebrate their week’s successes. This is when they can have those indulgences. You can eat what and how much you want on your Fun Day, as long as you put in your Level 10 during the week with your workouts and nutrition plan!
- Water. Our bodies are mostly comprised of water, so drinking the right amount of water is essential to our total health. Water keeps our body and muscles hydrated, as well as helps relieve muscle aches. Our members aim to drink at least 10 glasses of water each day. Drinking a glass of water before eating will help fill you up faster, allowing you to keep portions under control.
So, you could spend loads of money on fad diets, certain meals that count points, tracking calories or removing every favorite food from your meals.
Or for a fraction of the price of a diet plan alone, you could sign up for Farrell's next 10-week session and find out how to live a healthy lifestyle and eat regular, good-tasting food! You’ll learn how to eat healthy and participate in intense workouts that burn fat, build muscle, and increase your confidence and energy.
Find a location to learn more about our comprehensive program and to join! You won’t believe how much you can transform in only 10 weeks with Farrell’s.
FYI—You can eat bread daily with the Farrell's program too!